Sunday, April 27, 2008

Movie with/on Children

This blog is written after I watched Taree Zameen Par. A wonderful film. Those are very simple words to describe the movie. Movie made with/on children is difficult ordeal and Aamir Khan has proved his excellence. He has silenced many of empty rhetoric of Shah Rukh Khan. This blog is not intended to strike a rife between Aamir or Shah Rukh. It is about my change in attitude on movies made with/on Children.

I was a school going kid (probably 6th std) when I saw the movie Anjali made by Mani Ratnam. What a movie it was. I was really impressed with Baby Shamili who gave a memorable performance. I enjoyed the movie for songs, mischiefs and star cast. I do not think I have seen this movie for a while.

During my college days, I saw Kannathil Muthamittal made by Mani Ratnam. I had seen this movie atleast twenty times. Once again, excellent performance by Keerthana. I was able to appreciate this movie as it beautifully portrayted the complex relationship between a mother and a foster daughter.

During my graduate days, I saw the movie To Kill a Mocking Bird and read the book of Harper Lee. Once again excellent performance by the kid. I was able to appreciate the movie or book for the social issues of racial inequality it portrayed.

Now, today I saw this movie TZP. Now, in my life, I have been blessed with a daughter. When I see this movie through an eyes of parent, it brings total different perspective of todays issues in raising the children.

I have to simply resign to the fact that few things cannot be explained and have to be experienced. And of course opinions do change as time passes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say "He has silenced many of empty rhetoric of Shah Rukh Khan" which is a meaningless sentence. I have no idea what you are attempting to say. And what does Shah Rukh Khan have to do with you comments about a movie he isn't even in? You're putting him down even though he is not in this movie and has nothing to do with this movie.

April 27, 2008 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home